Hi there! • Login »
Australian Flood Crisis
How you can help: (If you are in the Brisbane area)
During the floods in January 2011, Hillsong Brisbane has been pro-active in their response to the crisis: Very quickly the church facility was officially registered as an ‘Evacuation Centre’ with the Brisbane Council, QLD State Emergency Response team and Volunteer Services Australia.
Furthermore, Hillsong CityCare in Brisbane appealed for food items to make 120 food parcels to be distributed to families that no longer had facilities to provide for themselves.
Also, we tapped in to the incredible generous and caring heart of the community and registered, mobilized and fed over 1000 volunteers to clean up Brisbane and suburbs around Ipswich. It was amazing to see volunteers from our own church and other churches, as well as volunteers from the local community coming together and going the extra mile to help the flood affected area.
Today, we continue to extend our help to those whose lives were influenced by the natural disaster: we are hands-on in helping to rebuild homes, either with the building work or provision of furniture and appliances. We also organize Community Development Programs, so that the neighbourhoods emerge from this crisis stronger than before. Also, we provide practical help for those still struggling and not able to recover.
The heart and soul of our church and our greatest resource is PEOPLE. It is in times like these that we can BE THE CHURCH - a light and a safe place for our community.
At this stage of the recovery period we need tradies to give their time and expertise to help rebuild homes, as well as we need building materials. We are also looking for volunteers who can connect with families and provide moral support or do practical jobs for them. Every little helps – a small donation of your time, skills and talents will make a huge difference in a family’s life that has been affected by the floods.
- PHONE 07 3422 8565 – We can take your details over the phone. Please also refer people in need to this number and we will be happy to help to the best of our abilities.
- EMAIL – email@example.com - Explain what it is you are able and available to do, and we will get back to you as soon as we can find an outlet for your help
- VOLUNTEER ONLINE – visit myhillsong.com/ausfloods/volunteer and fill out a volunteer form, and we will contact you as soon as possible.
- DONATE GOODS ONLINE - visit myhillsong.com/ausfloods/donate and fill out a donation form so we can contact you and organise pick-up/delivery.
How can you help: (For everyone)
- GIVE – Hillsong Aid and Development has partnered to support the ACC’s flood relief appeal, click here to donate online.
- PRAY – Prayer changes things and God cares for each and every person affected.
- LIKE US ON FACEBOOK - To keep up-to-date with the latest news from the teams in QLD. facebook.com/hillsongchurchaustralia
We have been told several times by the Premier of Queensland and Prime Minister that the greatest need is financial donations. As you can imagine, Goods in Kind are difficult to transport and store in affected areas.
To join with Hillsong Aid and Development and DONATE to the Australian Christian Churches flood relief fund, click here.
A note from Brian Houston:
To read a note from our Senior Pastor, click here.
'It Is Well With My Soul'
This version of "It Is Well With My Soul" was recorded in response to the devastating floods of January 2011 in Queensland, Australia.
Recorded by the Hillsong team, it features a newly written chorus by Reuben Morgan and Ben Fielding.
All proceeds go to the Queensland Premier's Disaster Relief Appeal.
Click here to purchase: